- Hiroshima Day Event
- Tuesday, August 6 from 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM at the Doukhobor Discovery Center, 112 Heritage Way
- Nagasaki Day Event
- Friday, August 9 at 1 PM in Gyro Park. Come hear a message of peace from special guest speaker, just 7 years old, and say “No” to the nuclear industry.
- Memorial Lantern Ceremony
- Friday, August 9 from 6:45 PM – 9:00 PM in Gorge Kinsmen Park. Annual Hiroshima Nagasaki Commemoration featuring lantern making (all materials supplied), words and songs of peace; and culminating with the traditional release of lanterns as a prayer for peace.
- Friday, August 9 from 5 PM – 7 PM at the Peace Flame in Seaforth Peace Park. A commemoration of the nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and pledges to fight against a violent system for just peace
- Tuesday, August 6, 2019 from 12 PM – 1 PM in the Oliver Community League Peace Garden, 10259 120 St
- Join us for songs and reflections to commemorate the victims of the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Sunday, August 3 from 8:20 PM to 9:45 PM at the Olympic Plaza, 228 8th Avenue SE
- Floating Lantern Peace Ceremony featuring multicultural children’s choruses and youth speakers, and an inspirational speaker who has lived through war
- Tuesday, August 6 at 12 noon outside Andrew Scheer’s office, 984 Albert St
- Peace demonstration to observe Hiroshima Day and to demand a Canadian foreign policy based on peace
- Regina Peace Council, 306-718-8010
- Peace Alternative for Canada Worskhop
- Tuesday, August 6 from 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM at Brewed Awakening, 1992 Hamilton Street
- This workshop follows the noon-hour rally at Andrew Scheer’s office
- Tuesday, August 6 from 7:30 PM – 9:15 PM at the fountain on the south side (the back) of the Legislative Building.
- Lanterns for Peace Ceremony, to commemorate the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Tuesday, August 6 at 6:30 pm in the Peace Garden at Nathan Phillips Square.
- Speaker Ray Acheson (Reaching Critical Will and ICAN), All Nations Junior Drummers, Flutist Ron Korb, Pax Christi Chorale, Raging Grannies, Art and poster display, lantern ceremony at dusk
- Tuesday, August 6 at 6:00 PM, Friends House 91A Fourth Ave
- Lantern making, program and discussion, and a walk to the canal for lantern floating